June 19, 2009

Some days off

We spent the last couple of days around the WD, catching up on stuff that fell by the wayside in the big push to get the strawbale house weathertight. Or rather, making sure that the strawbales stayed dry in the eventuality of rain. Meanwhile, Barbara's Phoenician family did a great job in getting most of the metal onto the roof of the house and the porches.


Aside from some small projects, like fixing the garden gate, we caught up on some horseback riding this morning. It is overcast and in the 70's. If I were vacationing here I would be complaining about this "Oregon day", but living here now, I just love it. We even got caught in a rain shower! How refreshing!

You get a different perspective of the landscape from a horse, and I was able to get up close and personal with an agave blossom that was just about ready for pollination. Some bees were already checking it out. My thanks to my quadpod, Cody, for standing still for this picture. Nearby grass always helps.


When we got home we took the truck to Dave and Barbara's to pick up some of our tools and bring back the now-empty horsetrailer. Guess who got to ride in the truckbed?

No comments: