April 26, 2011

Signs of life

I admit that I had all but given up on the grapes. I cut them back, waaayy back, in January, but until now they remained bare stalks. But I had already decided they could remain in the garden for now, and be trellises for some ornamental beans that I intend to plant. Then, this morning, leaves! Or the beginnings thereof on 4 of the 5 plants. I immediately turned on their irrigation, and we will see. Even if we get no grapes this year, there is always next season.


The honeysuckle I planted to disguise the ugly propane tank is in full bloom, and in full fragrance. It is a delight to walk to the coop or the garden from the house because you are wafted with its wonderful perfume. I have a little vase on my desk too. Breathe...

1 comment:

webb said...

What a lucky propane tank! There are so many worse plants with which to hang out. Great idea for both camoflage and fragrance. My honeysuckle has a mild fragrance, not a stunning one like yours.