November 26, 2009

Being thankful

Thanksgiving is a good holiday. I have so much to be thankful for. I do my best to be thankful every day and appreciate my being so very privileged, but it is good having a day set aside for this.

I am thankful for my health, and for the health of those I love. I am thankful for friends and family, for having this incredible life style in this beautiful place. I am thankful for not having worries about things I can do something about. I am thankful for having my belly full every day. I am thankful for having choices.

I guess I could go on for awhile ...

Meanwhile, dinner at the WD is well on its way, and the kitchen is smelling great. We have friends to come and join us, and I threw out extra seed for our outside critters. Life is Good.

I hope that your Thanksgiving is a happy and healthy one also.

For the ultimate in optimism, here is a picture of a cactus wren building a nest in one of the porch roosts. What is this bird thinking? Spring is around the corner?

No comments: