December 8, 2008

Some Weather

It was only supposed to be a 30% chance of precipitation today, but it is pretty wild out there right now. Always optimistic and used to wet weather, I was determined to go for our daily walk but after I had let out the hens and was in the barn feeding horses, a hail squall pinned Emma and me in the tack room. The noise on that metal roof!


However, determined to finish out my "to do" list this morning, I ventured out after a cup of tea only to be turned back by a huge clap of thunder. I covered the hay pile as the wind is really howling and rain might be blowing into the barn, and headed back to the house. Cleaning the chicken yard will have to wait a day. Even the hens were smart enough to seek refuge into the coop.


Weather is awe inspiring here! With our huge skies and high winds these squalls are amazing to watch as they pass over the valley. I guess it will be a "stay in the nest" day for us.

No comments: