July 7, 2009

A horse trailer is not just for horses

When we got a larger horse trailer to accommodate our larger "herd" (Buggsy joined Cody and Bueno), it had not occurred to me that a bigger trailer could be put to more uses. I had transported a dozen trees from the nursery once, but imagine how many trees I could bring home now...

So far the new trailer has been used to move household goods, and we also hauled building materials from one house to another. This morning it was pressed into service as an equipment hauler.

As I have mentioned before, it is great to have tractor when you have a small ranch. In addition, Dave and Barbara have a backhoe that we press into service from time to time. It digs holes so much easier than we can with a pick, pry bar and shovel.


Tonka Toy, as Dave calls it, needed some mechanical work outside the expertise/schedule of Dave or Dan, so it had to be carted off to a mechanic this morning. It fit perfectly in the trailer and was delivered without a problem. But now the truck is dead ...

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Oh dear! The truck died too? You guys just can't catch a break, huh?

DJ said...

I think you should get a nice hybrid model truck (do they make those)? I am always about getting a new vehicle. But knowing my brother...the truck will be fixed and live to drive many more thousands of miles!

Anneke said...

Hey you guys, the truck is fixed! Just needed a new battery. I am glad it happened at home, and not while Tonka Toy was being delivered.