September 3, 2008

Never a dull moment...

Here I thought I would not have anything of note to report today... Wrong! Dan called me out about 30 minutes ago to admire the rainbow in the yard.

Then the wind picked up and I ran to the shop/shed to rescue some of the materials that we had been using in roofing this morning as they were about to be blown away. Lightning struck and thunder rolled and the rain poured in. The building is 40' long and the rain blew from one end to the other. I was trapped, watching the water just pour through our 3/4 completed roof. After about 10 minutes Dan ran in who had driven out in the car to rescue me!


It rained in all about 20 minutes and the weather station reported almost 0.5" of rain. I just went out to check on the hens (all cozy on the roost), but there is still water running in the backyard, and the "pond" is filling up. That will make Emma happy, her swimming hole has been restored!




No comments: