September 8, 2011

My thanks to the Bonita Bean Company

Cycling training has started in earnest. The Cochise County Classic, our 45 miler, is a month away, and El Tour de Tucson, my (and Shannon's) 66 miler, 10 weeks away. Although we have been doing very well, increasing speed as well as distance, I felt some pressure to step it up. We will acquit ourselves well at the CCC I believe, because we ride 46 miles on a regular basis, but El Tour causes some concern. And, I just love riding my bike.

Problem is, we need more than 2 waterbottles each (carried on the bike) to complete these longer distances without bonking. The thought of carrying additional cold water in my back pockets is not that attractive, temperature-wise, although that's what is done at the big races. There the "Domestique" loads up the waterbottles for the entire team from the team car, stuffing them in his pockets and down the back of his jersey to supply his riders. But because we go by the Bonita Bean Company on these long rides I thought I would ask if we could get our bottles refilled there.


People there were so very nice. Not only could I refill, they insisted that I fill up with their cool, filtered water, and were interested in our rides and goals. And I was told that I could come by anytime to fill up. I really appreciate their kindness. It made my 56 miles doable today. I plan to do that distance once a week for the rest of September, then increase to 66 miles in October. Then I will be set for El Tour.

1 comment:

webb said...

You go, Girl! Am so proud of your dedication. Riding a good ride is such a good feeling - enjoy!