September 9, 2011

Making the most of it

When you live in the desert, pasturing your horses on lovely, juicy, succulent, grass is not possible. At least not at our place. But our "pond", which does not hold water beyond a couple of days, has started to sprout a little crop of Bermuda grass (wonder where that came from :)?). We have been taking turns taking the horses down there to do a bit of grazing.


And do they love it! They just dive in, hardly take a step, and do not even look up from the grass. Here is Cody taking his turn while I inspect the place for the dreaded Russian thistle. I think I am winning that battle, this year.

1 comment:

webb said...

So, I'm a city girl, but it appears to me that you are taking your horse to water, and having no trouble at all getting him to EAT? Fun!