March 11, 2010

Enough already!


I was surprised to see snow on the ground this morning. Yipes! It is halfway into March! Besides, the wind was still blowing, and the regular walk was c-o-l-d. The only one enjoying this weather is Shawna, who sought out this snowy spot for a short repose. But, no matter, the sun is shining now, and we may make 50 degrees today. Forecast for the next couple of days is much better: clear and in the 60's. Now we're talking.


Meanwhile, it was warm in the shop, so Dan bought some wood and built me this great saddle tree for the new saddle. I am so grateful he is a handy guy, and enjoys these little projects. Lucky me.



I am about to go out and get some flats with tomatoes, peppers and cantaloupes going. For one thing, they will be inside for a week or so on heating pads before they sprout and go out into the cold frame. Spring WILL happen. Soon.

1 comment:

Gail said...

I love the saddle tree! I think that guy is a keeper.