February 10, 2009

Snow Day!

I had my doubts about the winter storm warning that was issued yesterday. We get all atwitter about the forecasted rain or snow, and then nothing happens. But they were right about this one: it is snow! Our Minnesota friends Bob and Marly are probably laughing, but this is as much snow as I have seen while I have been living here.


Much of it is arriving horizontally, so there are a number of drifts and I had to work to get the front door open this morning. The dogs bolted out to play and after most of the storm is over, around noon they say, I will take them for a walk. I owe it to Shawna - what was I thinking when I brought a Sheppamute to the desert?


I feel for the wildlife and I have already thrown out twice the amount of seed. When I walked around the house to take these pictures, rabbits shot out from underfoot and I even heard birds chirping in the potting bench.


They expect clear skies and temperatures in the 50's tomorrow. We'll be out riding. Meanwhile, I am back to knitting and a cup of hot chocolate.

No comments: