December 2, 2013

Garden cleanup

After last week's rain we got some frost. Not enough to damage the winter greens, but the tomatoes, peppers, eggplant and basil are toast. Today is a gorgeous day, shirtsleeves on December 2, and a perfect one to do some cleanup before other projects demand our time.


Even Shawna joined me for awhile outside.



Still some tomatoes and peppers for human consumption. The rest went to the chickens.

I did not think it worthwhile to show photos of the "before", so here are just some "after" ones. If major frost threatens all I need to do is throw some frost cover over the beds.



2 comments:

webb said...

Am constantly impressed byyour raised beds. We are re-doing ours over the winter, but your covers are to die for!!

Anneke said...

Those covers are the BEST. They were gifted to me by a friend who moved away and I sing his praises several times a week. The beds are not really raised, it is just that the covers have a base that can be moved.