November 14, 2011

Reflections on 500


This last post was my 500th. Not that I am counting, but Blogger does. I have also been blogging for more than 4 years, I noticed. How time flies! Especially this year my blog posting frequency has dropped off, and I wonder why. We are still very happy here and love the place. I still see all those things that make living here so special: sunrise, beautiful desert, the animals, the plants and the huge diversity. I enjoy them as much, and maybe even appreciate them more, as I did when I first moved here. But now I am not as often surprised: I sort of know what to expect when. When the praying mantis arrive, when to plant tomatoes, when the wind will stop blowing (as a rule). So I am not as apt to blog about it any more.

There is also a new love in my life: cycling. And I am sure that whoever reads this blog is getting tired of reading about it. Perhaps I should start a cycling blog? But there is very little that has not been written already, other than my perspective on it. I will have to think more about it.

So I have decided to not archive Living a Dream, but perhaps post only when something truly noteworthy in my life happens, or when there is something really fun to share. However, I have found that some of my friends use the blog as a gauge of my physical and mental well being, and to them I will say: not to worry, all's well, no news is good news. We will continue to hike, ride our horses and bicycles, garden, and enjoy ourselves. We love our life, and relish in our ability to do and play as we wish. And all this in good health. We are so very fortunate. We wish you the same.

1 comment:

webb said...

Know just what you mean. I miss seeing you on my reading list, but I find myself less inspired to write something. Don't want anyone writing because they HAVE to, so just go with the flow.

Congrats on #500! Stay well and happy, and check in now and then. xoxo