May 3, 2011

Here is what's blooming at the WD


Not a lot of growing expertise needed for this Santa Rita cactus. It is thrilled to be here, and does all this growing and blooming all on its own. Not so the garden.

We are still dealing with a lot of wind, but I finally did get the tomatoes and cantaloupes planted. Also sowed additional seed for lettuce, carrots, and beets and such. I still have the peppers in the cold frame as I think the soil is still a bit cool for them. Also the beans seeds are still waiting, but I expect to finish it all up sometime next week. It always looks as if I am growing cages, rather than plants, but I have to take a picture now so I can enjoy all the greenery later in the season.


And for those of you who thought I had totally killed the pear trees that I lopped off early in the season: life force is strong. Both stumps have sprouted, and although there will be no pears this year, I hope to be able to reach them in the next couple.

1 comment:

webb said...

I love your cactus! And your cages always look so expectant this time of year... just waiting for green goodness to grow up to the top..