August 26, 2013

Proud pepper mama


Seriously, all the credit goes to Mom for these beauties, but I have never grown peppers like these before. The plants are huge: they fill out a commercial tomato cage and they are bearing like gangbusters.



There are three varieties: Red Knight, which are the big blocky peppers; Cupid, those cute little sweet ones, and El Jefe, the ubiquitous jalapeƱo. I don't think I would have thought the small Cupids to be wonderful if I had not seen Bobby Flay cut up a pepper. He did it with the pepper standing up and sliced from the shoulder between the ribs. No muss, no fuss, no seeds.

Better go and stuff a couple of these honkers.

1 comment:

webb said...

OMG! Gorgeous! Yum! They look great.

Isn't it fun when it really works? I get excited at the 5 year olds.

Keep up the good work!

ps: we are having stuffed poblanos tonight. We'll think of you.