May 3, 2012

The Giant Defiant


Dan is having a semi-significant birthday in a few months, and for his birthday he wanted a new bike. One of those super light, super sleek, and super fast road machines. So, after research and test riding, we went out yesterday and bought his all-carbon Giant Defy with electronic gearing. It is a gorgeous bike, and we spent some hours getting the bike fitted just for the rider.


Here is my Roadie, with his machine and new road shoes, after our ride this morning. Happy camper!

I am not yet sold on a new bike, and have a wait a couple of years for my blah-blah birthday anyway, so Racy Tracy and I are still a team. We have owned our Specialized Tricross' for one year now, and have put 3500 miles on each of them.  And we have had such great fun!

1 comment:

webb said...

Electronic gearing - how spiffy! Sadly my Bianchi is hanging in the storage unit waiting for me to retire and pull her out of retirement - which I do hope to do! Dan looks mighty nice all decked out. WHen the time is right, you will find the bike that suits you, too! Happy riding!!

and Happy Birthday, Dan!