December 15, 2011

Snow walk


So far it has been a wetter fall than I remember here. This week we have had several days of good rains, with snow in the mountains. I would record the actual rainfall had we not had a bug build a home in our weather station rain gauge. It's probably between 0.5 and 0.8 inches.

This morning we set out for a Stronghold hike, in between bike days. And lo and behold, there was running water in the creek! All due to snow melt as the water level in Half Moon Tank is still below the dam. As always, it was lovely, and a nice workout. Emma had a blast, but thankfully thought it was too cold to go swimming.



2 comments:

webb said...

What a land we live in. It was 68 here today. A bit breezy, but it felt absolutely balmy. Not a snow flake in sight!

webb said...

Finally read the whole article, so have packed my bag ... just in case! I do like the tea cozy, tho, so I hope St. Nick and I can get along ok.