August 10, 2011

Denise

My sister-in-law, the well-travelled marketing exec, has joined us for a week of RandR. I much enjoy having her here: we can talk about a lot of things and she is easily entertained. It is all very low-key, and we are making it a bit of a vacation for us too.


With Denise has come a gale, rather than a breath, of fresh technology. She travels a lot for the job and has made an iPAD her travelling companion, rather than a lap top. Totally sold on the thing. That of course sparked Dan's interest (once a geek, always a geek) and after seeing the magic of it, it charmed the socks off me too. After reading Imperial Earth by Arthur Clark years ago, I decided that I did not need a computer unless I could have any information at my fingertips anywhere, at any time. I guess that time has come.

So, we went off to the Apple store in Tucson, and I spent all day yesterday getting acquainted with my iPAD. I thought the Kindle was magic. It's got nothing on this sexy piece. There is still so much to explore and enjoy. We are going back to the Apple store tomorrow ..., Dan wants one too ...

1 comment:

webb said...

Shhhhhhh.... don't tell anyone but Mitchell is getting a Galaxy tablet for his birthday. Oh, that's right, he picked it out.

I think it's a bit redundant of his android phone, but apparently he is also high on the geek scale. I am personally going to wait a while to see if I want to go in that direction. perhaps until my Kindle dies. I do love it so!

Enjoy!